Welcome to Bucharest InFo !

 
   
 
Menu
There is a Bucharest
Personalities
City at the crossing
The culture life
Old stories
Exhibitions
Capital of the theatre
Art galleries
Concert halls
Cinema
Cultural centers
Become green oases
Hotel
Flat lets for rent
Restaurants
Restaurant
coffe
the rhythm of the night
the bars
the clubs
Jazz club
Striptease club
Casinos
specific business
Antiques
Souvenirss
Parfümerien
Mode
Bookshops
Flower shops
Juweliere
Supermarkets
Shopping centres
Fitness, Massage
beauty salon
 
 
 
 

Old stories


Curtea Veche (the old person yard) is one of the most romantic places in Bucharest, dominating the historical center of the capital. Here the ruins of the yard, during the government of Vlad the Tepes Dracula (15 are. Century was established). Since the beginning century is the palace the official residence of the walachen rulers XVI ten. Constantin Brâncoveanu (1688 - 1714) and Stefan Cantacuzino (1714 - 1715) the building added stone column, marble stairs and valuable ornaments.

Documents from the time describe curved resounding, the garden in the Italian style in the environment of the palace and the elegant celebrations with numerous humans. In 17. Century, during Matei Basarabs rule, reached the surface of the court 25,000 square meter. With the time Curtea Veche was destroyed by fires and earthquakes and in the year 1958 the discovered ruins is the only things, which remind of the gloss of the past times.

Pana SilviuHanul lui Manuc, establishes 1804 in the time interval - 1808 of a rich Armenian, are the only hotel, which remained from this time. The building was in the commercial centre of the city - on the Lipscani road - and was famous for the noise, the Rummel and the multicolored tightened people mixture. One of the most beautiful examples of the old walachen urban architectural style, Hanul lui Manuc kept to today the atmosphere and the style, whereby the building is at present famous as hotel, restaurant and wine cellars.

The Lipscani road was in former times the heart of the city Bucharest. The name comes from Lipsca (Leipzig), reminding of the dynamic life in the Walachei. Already before the official establishment Bucharest (20 September 1459) represented the heart of the city to Lipscani. By definition of the political and economical center in Curtea Veche, here numerous Gilden established themselves - Kürschner, shoemaker, boiler kesselschmiede, upholsterer, grocer…. Numerous neighbouring roads carry further their names…

Together with the Romanians Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian, Armenian, Jewish, Albanian and Austrian communities lived in this area. The mosaic of the civilizations reflects itself also on architecture. Nowadays one can admire further dwellings, built in the most different architectural styles: Renaissance, baroque, new classicism. Or combinations of all of these styles. A mixture of luxury and poverty, of gloss and misery, the Lipscani road is also today a proof of the meeting of the western and eastern world in Romanian area.

Banca Nationala (central bank) - establishes Albert Galleron and Cassien Berne pool of broadcasting corporations due to the drafts of the architects - road lies, with the crossing with the Smârdan road at the end of the Lipscani. An indication of the French neoclassical style, the building is to time as historical and artistic monument protected.

Carul cu Bere (1875 - 1879) one of the most famous restaurants and beer resounding in Bucharest, with again-gothical equipment. The fronts, columns, Gewölben and Kandelaber, the wood stairs and furniture - everything is sketched in this style. At the beginning of the last century it was a meeting place of the writers and politicians.

Pana SilviuUniversity of Bucharest lies in the Piata Universitatii, for the Rumäner not only the 0 Kilometersein, but also a kind Agora. This is a place of the walks and the celebration, in addition, the panic and suffering, in which debates find instead of. The university was only terminated in the year 1857 donated however the building in the year 1869. In the time at that time were here the faculties for jurisprudence, sciences, literature and philosophy. “The golden age” was the time between the two world wars, when this university was one the most important in the whole world, beside centers such as Columbia in New York, the university in Paris, the university in London and in New York.

The Triumphbogen, convenient in the third Rundbogen in Bucharest, was established to 1919 in the year 1922, on the occasion of the combination of all Rumäner, due to the victory of the Romanian army in the war between 1916 -. This Triumphbogen retains the style and the model of the Triumphbogens in Paris and is the work of a famous architect, Petre Antonescu. The building is verziert on the four sides with numerous entries and remarkable Basreliefs. Famous sculptors, like ion Jalea, Cornel Medrea and Frederick Storck contributed to the termination of this monument.

The Romanian Atheneum is one of the most beautiful buildings of Bucharest. Established in the time interval 1886 - 1888 due to the planning of the French architect Albert Galleron, this building is an indication of the elegance and the gloss of the city, in particular in the time between the two world wars. Its role is further accommodating excellent of concerts and culture events in this area of Europe. The concert hall has 10.000 seats. Address: Franklin STR. 1, Tel: +40 21 315.87.98.

<

 

 
 
 
 
 

Freelance Web Designer