The Cotroceni palace was established in the year 1893 by the French architect Paul Gottereau, in order to serve as permanent domicile of the hereditary prince Ferdinand. The building, which links the eklektischen French style with the Romanian neoclassical design, reveals already at the entrance its expensiveness. The monumental stairs, surrounded by far galleries in French new - baroque style, remind of the large opera in Paris, which served as model. After 1977 the palace was used as hotel by the former dictator Nicolae Ceausescu. Since 1991 the palace is the official residence of the Romanian president. At the time also the national museum Cotroceni for the public was opened.
Address: Geniului boulevard 1, Bucharest, Tel. +40 21 430.44.85.
Mogosoaia palace (Brancoveanu palace). The palace is appropriate for 14 km far away from Bucharest, in which in the middle of a park became and in the year 1698 upon the request of the ruler Constantin Brâncoveanu established. In the year 1860 the building was restored and consolidated. Surrounded by an enormous yard, the palace has a curved cellar, which ground floor, in which several rooms are, and a floor with the prinzlichen apartments. The front, with influences from the venezianischen architectural style, has over a balcony, Gewölben and columns, which are typical for the Brâncovan style. Since 1957 are the palace as the Brâncovan museum well-known, with valuable exhibitions, paintings, wood and stone sculpture, rare books and very old manuscripts.
Address: Valea Parcului STR. 1, Tel: +40 21 312.88.94.
Cantacuzino palace, convenient on one of the oldest boulevards in Bucharest - Calea Victoriei - was the domicile of Gheorghe Grigore Cantacuzino “the Nabab”, one of richest Romanian humans at the beginning of the last century. Established at the beginning 20. Century, the building was developed in the baroque - style due to the planning of the architect Berindei. In the year 1956 the palace was dedicated to the famous Romanian composer and conductor to the intending museum George Enescu - and. Address: Calea Victorie 141, Bucharest, Tel. +40 21 212.96.50/49
The royal palace is appropriate for Hilton hotel in the center of the city, in the proximity of other valuable historical buildings, like the Kretzulescu church, the Romanian Atheneum, the Zentralbibliothek of the university and the Athene Palace -. The building became in the time interval 1927 - 1937 due to the planning of the Romanian architect D. Niculescu establish. In the year 1948, after the abolishment of the monarchy, the seat of the national art museum became from the palace.
Address: Calea Victoriei 49-53, Bucharest, Tel. +40 21 314.81.10
Sutu palace. Established in the time interval 1833 and 1834 in the again gothischem style, with romantichen influences, the palace belonged to the minister of foreign affairs at that time, Constantin Sutu. Been because of 0 the kilometer stone of the capital, the palace for the wonderful balls was famous, which were organized here. The building was restored in the year 1958 and is to time the art and historical museum of the city Bucharest. Address: Ion Bratianu Bulevardul 2, Bucharest, Tel. +40 21 313.85.15
Stirbei palace - became in the year 1833-1835 in the neoclassical style, due to which Sanjouand establishes planning of the French architect. This elegant building, with numerous Greek elements, belonged one time interval also to the family of the prince Stirbei. Nowadays are here ceramic(s) and glass museum. Address: Calea Victoriei 107.
Palace of the parliament. The palace of the parliament became in the time interval 1984 - 1989 upon the request of the former president Nicolae Ceausescu established and are the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon. Nowadays the palace is the largest administration building of Europe, with an inner surface of 265,000 square meter. After the revolution in December 1989 the palace became the seat of the Romanian parliament. Since 1994 is here also the international conference center. Address: Calea 13 Septembrie 1, Bucharest, Tel/fax +40 21 311 36 11; Tel. +40 21 311.36.14 (international conference center)
The Law Courts are a Bukarester building, which was established in the style of the French Renaissance. Established in the time interval 1890 - 1895 due to the planning of the architect A. Ballu, the building was terminated by the famous Romanian architect ion Mincu. The statues at the entrance are the work of K. Storck and represent the law, the justice, the truth, Kraft and the carefulness.